A Chilling Party
Welcome all, to my Halloween party! Find your scariest costume and join me in a peek through this macabre themed festivity. All are invited from the living to the dead.
Everyone loves a spooky Halloween party, but who wants to pay the price for decorations you could easily make yourself? Here are some great ways to take simple (and inexpensive) pieces and create your own haunting Halloween party!
Most of these decorations are made from products that cost $1 to $5. Remember, a great party doesn’t have to cost a fortune!
Spooky Spider Cupcakes: These creepy treats are easy to make and a perfect centerpiece for your dessert table.
Witch and Frankenstein Lollipops: Add some of these lollipops in a bowl with some floral moss and you’ve got another easy treat for your guests.
Pickled Body Parts: These can cost you a small fortune at the store, but if you make them yourself, you can create these ghastly jars for only about $3 apiece!
Test Tubes: For an adult party, these are great to use instead of shot glasses! They also fit in with a mad scientist theme.
Skeleton Vase: You could use this as a centerpiece for table settings, and at only $4 apiece, how can you beat that?
Bloody Skull: Probably my favorite piece, this skull cup adds that real spooky feel to any Halloween party! Use any of your favorite red drinks (add red food coloring if you want it even darker). For the fog, put in a small chunk of dry ice. Make sure the ice is completely melted before you drink. Also, since it is frozen carbon dioxide, it will make the drink “fizzy”.
Leave comments and send pictures of your own Halloween party. I’d love to see them!!
- Invitations: Click on the picture for a link.
- Cupcakes: Michaels – small piping tip (style #1) to pipe chocolate spider web. Make sure to use baking chocolate and, after piping, refrigerate until solid. Using baking chocolate will keep the thin web from wilting.
- Cupcake mix: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2013/06/chocolate-cupcake-recipe-the-ultimate-chocolate-cupcake-test-baked-by-50-bakers-and-counting.html (I love this blog!!)
- Frosting mix: http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/buttercream-frosting/
- Spiderweb template: http://annaandblue.blogspot.com/2012/10/free-printable-spooktacular-spider-webs.html
- Lollipops: Dollar Tree
- Spiderweb: Party City (but this can be bought almost anywhere)
- Creepy Cloth: Dollar Tree
- Spiders: Dollar Tree
- Pickled body parts: Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Store – large canning jars, bag of eyeballs, ears, heart, hands, fingers, and brain.
- The hands need a larger jar which can be found at Wal-Mart, but these are pricier.
- Color the water with food coloring.
- Skull Cups: Dollar Tree; be safe with the dry ice: http://www.dryiceinfo.com/safe.htm
- Test Tubes: Dollar Tree
- Skeleton Vase: Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Store – vase, skeleton garland, floral moss, and black or purple flower
*All pictures are taken by me